Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Beginning




My journey begins here, in lovely, colorful Colorado. Since I was five, I grew up with its unpredictable weather, open spaces and challenging hiking trails. The mountains, gentle giants, framed sunset after sunset and offered a window to the clear night sky. The ever-changing landscape has always given me a piece of calm during the toughest times in my life.
It was here that we adopted my best friend and loyal black lab Hale Bop Comet, or Haley, named after the comet that appeared in the sky when she was born. We had many backyard adventures and countless strolls through the park and neighborhood. Hiking was a frequent habit was I was seven, and Greys Peak was my first fourteener where I proudly signed my name along with my Dad in pencil on a weathered piece of paper in a metal tube at the very top. I rode my first big roller coaster here, the Mind-eraser at what was known as Elitches Gardens and has changed names over time. I was here during the opening of the aquarium, and I loved watching the Tigers play in the rain forest exhibit. 
I've learned a lot here. From how to prepare for crazy weather, to the best way to treat others and to respect myself. I may have lived here, but my mind always wandered, dreaming up stories and often zoning out throughout the day. I left here for a short while, about six months and joined the Disney College Program when I was 17, going on 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment